Houston, TX, August 10-11, 2018
This conference is designed to provide medical practitioners with up-to-date, evidence-based information on commonly encountered medical issues, while suggesting pragmatic approaches to clinical management. The discussion-based format of the conference will encourage audience participation through dynamic interactive lectures and case-based studies. Our National speakers will present and critically assess recent advancements and industry updates, with the goal of enhancing the knowledge-base and core competence of attendees. The successful completion of this interactive program should improve attendees’ confidence in diagnosing, treating, and prescribing the most effective courses of treatment, with the ultimate goal of improving patient outcomes.
Internists and all specialty Physicians seeking clinical information about current and common medical issues. Total 8 hours of CME credits will be awarded on completion of this activity.
Our presenting national faculty speakers made it their professional goals to enhance the medical knowledge and training of all physicians attending the CME activity. Each presentation will be a 45 min presentation followed by 15 mins for question/answer session and discussion.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of The University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston and Rajasthan Medical Association (RAJMAII). The University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston is accredited by ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston designates this live activity for a maximum of 8.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Topics and Objectives
August 10, 2018 7:30 am to 11:30 am
7:30 am-8:30 am: Current Updates in Cardiology - Harish Chandna, MD
- Understand the management of common cardiac conditions
- Review the epidemiology and diagnosis of cardiac diseases
- Outline and discuss appropriate follow-up of cardiac patients
8:30 am-9:30 am: Diabetes and other Lifestyle Diseases, The Indian Perspective – Sudhir Bhandari, MD
- Outline the rationale for detecting diabetes mellitus early
- Present shift of mortality and morbidity from infectious to metabolic states
- Review genotype and phenotype of Asian Indian population as it predisposes to diabetes and athero-vascular diseases
9:30 am-10:30 am: Current Updates in Pulmonary Medicine – Jai Surana, MD
- Understand the management of common pulmonary conditions
- Review the epidemiology and diagnosis of pulmonary diseases
- Outline and discuss appropriate follow-up of pulmonary patients
10:30 am-11:30 am: Updates on Diabetic Nephrology – Pravin C. Singhal, MD
- Understand the management of diabetic nephropathy
- Review the epidemiology and diagnosis of diabetic nephropathy
- Outline and discuss appropriate follow-up of diabetic nephrology patients
August 11, 2018 8am to 12 noon
8 am-9 am: Whats New in Intervention Cardiology - Pranav Loyalka, MD
- Understand the role of common cardiac procedures in the field of Intervention cardiology
- Review the outcomes of these intervention procedures
- Outline and discuss appropriate follow-up of these cardiac patients
9 am -10 am: Current Updates in Neurology - Vijay Sardana, MD
- Understand the management of common neurologic conditions
- Review the epidemiology and diagnosis of neurologic diseases
- Outline and discuss appropriate follow-up of neurology patients
10 am-11 am: Development of Novel Agent to Target Drug-Resistant EGFR Driven Lung Cancers - Mukesh Nyati, MD
- Review the current treatment options for lung cancer
- Describe new targeted therapies in this field
- Present data on survival after treatment with novel drug agents
11 am-12 noon: Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs) – Is it for you? - Raj Bansal, MD
Note: Content is subject to change. Please refer to the activity website for the most current information.